- Is there some gimmick like a trick coin?
No, no trick coins, at all. People have asked if coin snatching relies on a double coin, silver on one side, copper on the other.
When you speed grab, you actually grab. And when you switch, you switch one real coin for another.
- Is Coin Snatching a book for magicians or martial artists?It’s a book for all who want to use a demonstration of skill to build their reputation.
There is a special chapter and special sections just for martial artists.
And there is also a special chapter, and there are special sections devoted just to magicians.
Much of the materail will be of use to both magicians and martial artists.
I hope that others explore coin snatching too — salespeople, therapists, jugglers, etc….
- What if I am not fast enough?I’ll help you to become truly fast.
It’s my job.
Seriously, there are some extremely easy snatches in the Coin Snatching book. The Beginner’s Grab and The Upside-Down Impossible Grab can both be performed with just a few minutes of practice.
Other moves take more effort — I’ll be there to help.
I’ll even teach you how to develop speed beyond learning to perform each technique.
- What are Keith (Kip) Pascal’s qualifications to write Coin Snatching? Keith Pascal writes full time. In the world of martial arts, Pascal has several books and ebooks in print including Wrist Locks: From Protecting Yourself to Becoming an Expert, 10 Days to Better Knife Fighting, Secrets of Teaching Martial Arts More Effectively, The Punch Papers, and more.
Pascal has been into martial arts most of his life, and holds teaching certification in Twin Dragons Gung Fu and Jeet Kune Do (Bruce Lee’s style).
He has also earned two teaching certifications for high school teaching in the State of Oregon, although since turning to writing, he has left public education.
In the world of magic, Keith “Kip” Pascal has been into magic since age seven. He paid his way through college performing, teaching, and running his magic shop.
Recently, Pascal has been working with Lee Asher. Together, they have written magic articles for several notable magic magazines, and Pascal has helped Lee Asher produce several effects including, Catch 33, Three Stylin’, and the Diving Board Double.
In his spare time, Pascal dabbles with other magic projects. For example, he did the layout for Lew Brooks’ Stack Attack.
Last, but not least, Kip Pascal is the Coin Snatching expert. He has invented variations, collected histories, gathered together different versions, and explained the art in complete detail, for the first time.
- Have you written anything else about developing speed responses in the martial arts?I wrote an ebook titled The Speed-e-Book. It’s included as a bonus with any version of Wrist Locks: From Protecting Yourself to Becoming an Expert and the Punch Papers: How to Hit Faster, Harder, and More Efficiently. (BTW — Check out Punch Papers for speedy advice, too.)
- Do you have any other questions?Please feel free to contact Kerwin Benson Publishing and me, Keith Pascal: