Is It Possible to Coin Snatch in the Freezing Cold
This might be the only way to succeed ...
Don't Mess Up Your Performance
Coin Snatching in the Freezing Cold Revisited
by Kip Pascal
Are You Coin Snatching in the Cold?
Right about now, you're either asking yourself:
•Is it actually possible to coin snatch, when your hands are freezing cold?
•Why would there be any problem performing this feat in weather where you can see your breath?
Let's answer the second question first ...
In some of the special articles for subscribers to my other ezine, Martial Arts Mastery, we discuss practicing in the cold. Specifically, we talk about cold hands.
It's true that if your hands are freezing, then punching could be very painful … to you!
The colder your hands, the more you’ll concentrate on larger, less precise movements. If your hands are too cold to get a grip, then many think, you shouldn't even bother trying.
Instead, they think shin kicks, elbow strikes, and other movements that don’t involve finger or fist dexterity.
It's the finger dexterity part of the problem that we're concerned with.
Standing out in the freezing cold is NOT the time to practice coin snatching:
- You’ll have a harder time moving fast in the cold.
- Your participant might be too jittery from the cold.
- The cold seems to exaggerate telegraphing motions.
- The demonstration doesn’t seem as effective if your success can be partially attributed to your participant’s lack of feeling in his or her hands.
What If You HAVE TO Coin Snatch in the Cold?
- palm the hidden coin and feel the sensitivity in your hand to maintain that grip
- be able to release the hidden coin, AS you grab the participant's coin
- "pop" their hand with the correct force of your freezing cold fingers
- have the participant close their hand fast enough to trap the coin that you are secretly leaving in their hand
That last one is a BIGGY.
More Magic Articles
There are more articles for MAGICIANS here at CoinSnatching.com
Take a look:
"Magicians are the most honest people in the world; they tell you they're gonna fool you, and then they do it."
"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing."
NOT Just for MAGICIANS!
Magicians often have other interests.
Read about coin snatching in the following categories:
Coin Snatching for Martial Artists
"A good magician’s performance tells a story. Each act should build on the next, becoming ever more engaging to fill the audience with wonder. It’s a bud that unfurls into a flower, meant to woo the audience."
"Learning never exhausts the mind."
"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives become filled with joy."
Intro Magic Cartoon
Enter your email address to join The Magic Mentor
We value your privacy and would never spam you